stripping away the veil

You have been teaching me a necessary lesson over these past few weeks, God.

I keep putting up veils to shield myself from seeing You directly.

You Yourself valued being able to see us face to face so much You died on that cross to rip the veil, to make it clear You were approachable, and passionate about being with us….not just while You were physically on earth but now & forever.

In my ignorance, I put barriers up between us.

That I have to be right (impossible without You) before I can come to You.

You whisper, “Just come.”

That You don’t want the broken pieces, but only me as a whole.

You wipe my tears and say, “Come as you are.”

That only the right words or right music are fit & pleasing offerings for You.

You smile, and remind me, “Your whole life can be, and is, an offering when you are Mine.”

My part?

To pursue Him.

Unabashedly, no holds barred, flat out pursuit with everything I’ve got.

If I can’t hear properly, pursue You through silence. Your Word. Listening in my spirit.

If I can’t speak properly, pursue You with the bubbling up of praise spoken within my mind, worshiping along with music, reading the Psalms to find how I am feeling & offering it to You again as if fresh & new.

If I can’t write or type, i will speak or sing my heart out as I praise & worship You for who You are.

If I cannot see over or beyond my pain, to lift it to You as all I am able to offer in the moment.

Any way I choose to earnestly pursue You is a welcome offering to You God.

As the song by Jesus Culture states so eloquently,

I WILL pursue You,
I will pursue Your Presence.

For it is my choice to pursue You NO MATTER WHAT.

You, Your Presence, Your Word, my sole pursuit for the rest of my days on earth, and the promise to come!

Because without You, I find I exist, but i don’t truly live.  You came that we may have life to the fullest with You, not just an existence apart from You.

I can’t live without Your Presence.

So strip it all away, Lord.
Whatever is keeping me from my pursuit.
May I only pick up what You would have me use to continue my pursuit of You, and You alone.

Your Presence is life.
Real life.

Not settling for anything less.

Am i scared about this means?
You betcha.

But I am planning on doing it afraid, because He is so worth my all.

And when i get to see Him face to face, I long to know He was pleased with my pursuit.

#heartcry
#iwillpursueYou
#hopeinHisPresence

image

12 thoughts on “stripping away the veil

1. Lux Ganzon April 16, 2015 / 12:51 pm

I hope that I’ll live a life that will make me worthy to come face to face with the Father. 🙂
    Enjoy the rest of the week.

• hopeinhispresence April 17, 2015 / 10:09 am

Thanks so much Lux! You too! Blessings, and grateful you stopped by.

2. Kelly Balarie April 16, 2015 / 5:53 pm

Amen! Let’s come in complete transparency to his work, his hand and his love. Love this! There is power in unveiling ourselves to Christ. Cheering you on from the #RaRalinkup on Purposeful Faith.

• hopeinhispresence April 17, 2015 / 10:07 am

Thanks Kelly! More, Lord! Less of us, more of You! #RaRaLinkup

3. Christine April 21, 2015 / 10:44 pm

What a powerful post, Karla! I loved the line, “Your whole life can be, and is, an offering when you are Mine.” Amen to that! Thanks for pouring out your soul and encouraging us too!

• hopeinhispresence April 25, 2015 / 5:37 pm

Thanks Christine. So humbled you were blessed 😉 Enjoy the weekend with Him!

4. Sandra April 27, 2015 / 8:52 pm

We all put up those veils and once we get into the habit it can be so hard to change. Blessings on you Karla.

• hopeinhispresence April 29, 2015 / 11:37 pm

Thankful we serve a God who will never stop reaching out for us 🙂 Bless you too, Sandra!

5. mariewikle April 28, 2015 / 4:11 pm

Coming completely open and authentically ourselves is all Christ has ever wanted from us. Just as we are!

thanks for the honesty here
    @spreadingJOY
    marie Blogger Care Group

• hopeinhispresence April 29, 2015 / 11:35 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, Marie! #BloggerCareGroup

6. sameaton April 30, 2015 / 7:06 pm

What a beautifully written post. I am always so in awe of how your voice shines through in your writing and how everything you say completely points people to God. I love how bold and dangerous this prayer is, yet it’s the prayer every one of us should be praying. Lover your blog so much!

• hopeinhispresence May 3, 2015 / 11:13 am

Thanks Sam, your encouraging & kind words have struck a chord today. I appreciate you stopping by!