I have been sharing with you about how I feel like my life has hit a bit of a roller-coaster, and how I don’t like riding them. Just like motion sickness, being too busy leaves me exhausted, drained and stressed out.
I recently tried to keep up with everything while covering coworkers shifts while they were on vacation or sick leave, and found myself unable to do so.
What I realized is I am not meant to do everything, nor can I do everything the way other people may want me to do them.
More shockingly to me was my realization that I no longer want to.
I find myself able to say no without an inner wince. Instead, I
But here is the second revelation I became aware of as of late:
- I want to embrace my gifts.
- I want to walk where He is calling me to walk.
- I long to become more the me I was always meant to be.
- I long to increase my margin so I can continue to write, worship and study the Word yet still work, both for my household and for the Lord.
- My desire is to keep my focus on His plan for me, not my own.
And being run ragged isn’t allowing me to have the time to pursue that calling, which I believe every follower of Jesus has, when I am too busy holding on to Him for dear life over the things I need to let go.
So after much reflection, these are the things I need to do to become more me:
- First and foremost, I am forgiving myself for stepping onto the roller-coaster ride again.
- I am putting supports in place to ensure I eat 95% healthy every day. Preparing food ahead of time so I don’t turn to fast food because I forgot to bring my lunch!
- Maintaining a daily quiet time, to study the Word, meditate on the verse which He draws me to, and worship Him.
- Writing on the week days, and apart from a few social media posts which I pre-schedule, taking every other weekend fully off of work. When I am done work every other Saturday, my Sabbath begins at sundown.
- Saying no when Holy Spirit prompts me to do so. Confidently, but kindly.
- Get enough daily rest, which for me is 7-7.5 hours a night.
- Do something active every day.
- De-cluttering my home so I feel more restful within it. De-cluttering my life so I feel more restful within.
- Embrace who He has made me to be wholeheartedly, without apology as I follow Him into more wholeness and walk out my purpose.
- Walking in freedom instead of regret.
How are you making more room for rest, purpose and intentional living in your life?
#myonething #livingonpurpose #intentionalliving #seekHimfirst #pmponders