The final letter for FAITH is represented by one of my favorite words, and the reason for my faith… HOPE.
- F – when my FOUNDATION is based upon who He is
- A – when we make ourselves AVAILABLE for Him to move, ASSURED that He is not only with us but ANTICIPATING will show up to help us, we show God that our ATTITUDE of faith is fully fixed on Him
- I – when we know and walk in who we are IN Christ, accepting our INHERITANCE as one of His beloved children
- T – when we TRUST, keeping our eyes fixed on God as we follow, even though we may not know where we are headed
- H – knowing our HOPE is in a living person, worthy of our devotion and that He gives us that very HOPE when we need it most
All these separate aspects to faith intertwine together throughout the Word, as seen in two of my favorite verses , which help to keep my focused on God on the hardest of days.
“Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my HOPE is in You all day long.” Psalm 25:5 NIV
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
Friend, this week I will be sharing four ways in which my HOPE meets and guides me where I am at. I hope you will be encouraged to press in a little deeper into His embrace, and allow His hopeful nature to rise up within you again.
One of my favorite worship songs encompasses HOPE perfectly. May it bless you as you proclaim its truth to the One who is and always will be your HOPE.
Worship: Hope’s Anthem – Bethel Music (featuring William Mathews) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_sfxjqXdPg