On the days when the lies try to linger and smother the truth, I have learned to fight back on three fronts.
- Seeking out the truth in His Word.
- Taking each lie captive at the foot of the cross in Jesus’ Name (both 1 & 2 are shared in yesterday’s post in more detail)
- Proclaiming the truth in worship.
There are two worship songs which stand out to me and are go to’s for me to put on my music player and sing out with my whole being.
Calling on the name of Jesus and declaring His love for us helps clarify where the lies have originated, tune out the voice speaking them and reaffirm the truth He wants us to hear, loud and clear, as He frees and restores us.
“There is power in the name of Jesus to break EVERY chain.”
– Break Every Chain, @jesusculture @kimwalkersmith
“There’s no shadow You won’t light up, mountain You won’t climb up coming after me. There’s no wall You won’t kick down, lie You won’t tear down coming after me.”
– Reckless Love, #coryasbury @bethelmusic
#tacklinglies #hopefortheharddays #hopeinHisPresence