As I have been taking a closer look at the topic of lies this week, I have seen five R’s to the tackling and breaking off lies, all revolving around God.
1. REVELATION – God reveals the lie. This is critical as we won’t discover truth until He shows it to us, especially when we see it in contrast to a lie.
2. REPENTANCE – coming to God and admitting your part in believing the lie, and/or what you have done as a result of that lie, whether to yourself or others.
3. RELEASING CONTROL – acknowledging that you need His help to take down this lie, fix a situation or learn to be more discerning by following His promptings and lead.
4. RECOMMIT to GOD – After He helps you break off a lie, recommit to pursuing Him. He has erased our sin and removed our shame, as far as the east is from the west. So, recommit and move on without the extra baggage and weight of past lies.
5. RESTORATION – Friend, this topic can be painful for us on so many levels. Please grab on to the hope God offers you, seek out His comfort and promises in His Word.
Freedom and healing follows after every time that we bring a wounding, hurt, wrong or harmful root to God for His revelation. He promises to take you through it, without fear, with His mighty help, even on the hardest of days.
“For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, “Do not fear; I will help you.” – Isaiah 41:13
#tacklinglies #hopefortheharddays #hopeinHisPresence