When you work in the service industry, the holiday season can be extra stressful with added pressures of year end deadlines, sales quotas, and tons of social events.
This Christmas, choose to be intentional with how you spend your time.
Here are 7 of my fave ways to de-stress and catch up on physical, emotional, mental and spiritual rest.
- Get enough rest – sleep, naps, time to just chill and relax. Write downtime into your schedule with a permanent marker.
- Choose healthier food options more often.
- Stay hydrated by daily making water your primary drink of choice.
- Get moving each day to help fight off the winter blahs, whether its going to the gym, walking, swimming, or enjoying seasonal sports.
- Do things that cause you to connect with your loved ones- play board & card games, bake/cook, watch family favorites, build snowmen, go for walks, make snow angels or toboggan together.
- Unplug from your phone, computer, pager. Stay offline as often as you can.
- Plug into His Presence, and allow Him to fill you with fresh hope, vision and purpose for the coming year.
#Advent #hopefortheharddays #wisdomatwork